Friday, April 9, 2010

Saturday, 4/10/10 - Voice and Vision

This blog is, for me, a place to find my voice and to improve my vision.

The rules are simple: write something and put up at least one image every day.

Not everything here will be perfect. Time will not allow that.

Words are not written in advance and, with the exception of minor cropping (actually, it is mostly straightening because I have a tendency to tilt the camera when I depress the shutter), the images you see are straight out of the camera.

This is all practice so that one day you can read something or look at an image and immediately identify it as having been done by me.

I am just now beginning to learn to speak and see.

Bear with me.




The sunrise this morning was filtered through many layers of fast-moving clouds.

The result was an ever changing display of light, darkness and color.

When I arrived lakeside there was a band of clouds illuminated from behind by the rising sun. The contrast between the brightness of these clouds and those not receiving the sunlight created this image.



Rising a little higher, the sun stared peeking out between the clouds. It was still heavily filtered and not yet bright enough to to light the sky.



A little higher and there was light all around.



After speaking about voice and vision, I must tell you that my favorite times of day are just before sunrise and just after sunset. At these times there is silence and limited sight.

"Did you hear about the earthquake?"

"What earthquake?"

"The one in Baja. They felt it in Phoenix!"

No, I had not heard about the earthquake because for the past week I hade not turned on a TV or radio. I had not visited news sites on the internet or picked up a newspaper.

For the past week, I have been enjoying silence and the shadowy light of the early morning.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, my friend. I am a "weather" man. I frequently have taken pictures of cloud formations -- incredible. Thanks for these words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete