Thursday, April 8, 2010

Friday, 4/9/10 - Ex-est


Today I share two words with you.

They are "good" and "enough".

You can use them together,
as in, "This is good enough."

Or, you can use them separately,
as in, "This is good. I have had enough."

You can use one without the other.

I will use them often in my book instead of superlative "-est" words.

Dropping out is not about chasing "-ests", it is about appreciating what is good.

Dropping out is not about pursuing excess, it is about having enough.

Enough is good.




So, hey, Mr. Chatty Guy, what does any of this have to do with photography? Show me the pictures!




As I walked out of the hotel this morning I noticed the crescent moon and thought it would be nice to show it with the lit street lights so I pulled out my tripod and as I finished setting up a plane entered the frame and its contrail added a nice line to the image.



I packed up and headed to the lakefront.

No one came out to greet me this morning so I guess their curiosity was quelled yesterday.

The breeze moved the fish shaped windsock on this dock.



Clouds came up later in the morning and by lunch time it looked like we might have rain.



The clouds were gone by dinner time so I walked to a burrito place around the corner from the hotel and on the way managed to quick-finger this shot.



Is that enough?

Good.

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend once who called me his "bestest" friend. He felt that "best" wasn't good enough. Thanks for reminding me of that friendship.

    ReplyDelete