Friday, July 2, 2010

Saturday, 7/3/10 - Melancholy for Watermelons (part 1)

The Melancholy For Watermelon series is a collection of random thoughts and pictures.

My camera accompanies me everywhere and I take hundreds of images every week. Too many to include in this blog.

I also carry a pad and I write down whatever random thoughts may occur. Some of these blossom instantly, others don't germinate at all. Some are complete as they are.

What you will see and read in this series are excerpts from my image library and my notebook. You may read these words or see these images used in larger, more targeted works in the future. For now, they are fun just the way they are.

Enjoy.











Awake and still dreaming.



Five streets collide spilling cafes onto sidewalks.



The starting gun.
A runner runs.
Racing against no one.








Clouds dropping rain onto pedestrians picking up their pace.



Smokers taking cough-ee breaks.



Workers Wanted. Harvest Humor. Apply Funny Farm.








Proofreading what had been written between the lines.



Bored buildings boarded up.



Teach more, grade less.








Accountants tickling numbers until they are laughable.



The reporter got a scoop on an iced Italian packed into the trunk of a hot Lincoln.



Watermelons know no melancholy.




1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing -- collect ideas on a pad randomly. However, as a retiree, I usually have time to sit down and flush out the idea quickly. One of these days, you'll have earned the same wonderful privilege. Happy 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete