Sunday, May 23, 2010

Monday, 5/24/10 - Weird Day

Today was a weird day photographically.

I spent the morning doing a senior portrait. It was fun and the images were good. I would like to include one here but I will respect my client's privacy and request permission before I do that.

The evening bike ride to Taylor Park was good but the first thing I saw at the park was this cormorant.



If you look closely you will see that it has something in its mouth. Whatever it was could not be dislodged. I stood and watched the bird try to remove it but it was unable to.

I wanted to help but I knew that if I got any closer it would fly away.

So I just stood there feeling helpless.

Helplessness is not something I do well. I like activity and I believe that there is nothing that I cannot do.

This one had me stumped. I did not have the experience to know how to help and I didn't even know who to call who would be able to help.

I watched, helpless, hoping that the bird would rub its beak the right way and the thing would just fall off. I stayed until it flew away.

Helpless.

I felt funky after that and rode through the park not really seeing much of anything until I spotted the moon.

I like the moon.



When I got home I noticed the hibiscus through the lace curtain. I took two pictures with shallow depth of field. One focused on the curtain and the other on the flower.

I liked the effects.



1 comment:

  1. The cormorant "got" me. The oil spill is also "getting" me. I love nature.

    ReplyDelete