Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thursday, 03/18/10 - Four Letter Fun


Graffiti.

Stand still long enough
and someone will write something on you.

Graffiti artists
sometimes are
"artists"
creatively decorating
the industrialized world
with splashes of color
on concrete and steel.

Other times
their art seems
alienated
and angry.

Sometimes
the artist paints pictures.

Other times
the artists writes poetry.

Sometimes the poems
are short,
no longer than four letters.



Even though the business is closed, the signpost is still illuminated every night.

The poetry on the sign never fails to make me laugh. I just keep wondering who left this sentiment and was it as funny to them as it is to me?

1 comment:

  1. What most puzzles me about graffiti is that there appears to be uniformity in the words, words that I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete