Sunday, March 14, 2010

Monday, 3/15/10 - A Day In The Life


Just in case you were wondering,
my life is pretty good.

I don't attribute this to money,
good looks,
or luck
because I have none of those.

What I do have is curiosity,
generosity,
and stamina.

Want to know what I did today?

I started the day
by making a batch of
chocolate chip cookies
for a woman at work
who requested them.



After finishing that,
I packed and headed to Clearwater
to get ready for work on Monday.

On the way, I stopped at
the South Skyway Rest Area
to photograph the Skyway Bridge.

I pass this area at 70mph...
I mean 65mph,
just like the speed limit sign says...
and I tell myself every time
that I am going to stop
and take some pictures.

Well, today I finally did.





I got to the condo,
changed,
and did some yoga
before my run.

After the run
I swam...
... in an unheated pool.

It was -
how should I say this? -
uhhh,
refreshing!

I still had some energy left
so I jumped on my bike and headed
for Taylor Park.

Naturally,
I brought my camera
and I was glad I did
because I got to photograph
two birds eating dinner.

The first was chomping down
what appeared to be a tasty,
if somewhat wet, rodent.



The other was clearly struggling
with a very angry snake.



The bird won
but not without some serious
protesting from the snake.

I then rode home,
made some dinner,
worked on some web stuff
and wrote this blog.

I hope your day was as pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. Cookie Monster:):) (John)March 15, 2010 at 12:04 PM

    Cookie Monster wants Cookies, do you deliver:)

    ReplyDelete