Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, 3/8/10 - Realizations

While putting together today's post, I realized several things. The first is that I have too many pictures that I want to share. Including only one per day will not work.

At this time, I have enough images in my I-want-to-share-these-with-you folder to last for 6 months. And I add new ones every day.

So, I am going to start telling short stories ... with pictures.

This past weekend I visited the Venice Rookery.

My first realization there was that nature photography is probably the most difficult.


Animals do not stand still.



They are unpredictable



They come...



... and go - from any direction, at any time, without warning.



They do not pose.





This is totally unlike landscape photography where you can set up, frame your image and contemplate before and after taking the shot. If you don't like it, adjust and shoot again.

Even sports photography is easier because by knowing the sport you can anticipate where the action will occur.

Not so with animals.



Another thing I realized is that people like getting outside and close to nature.

Some people come just to watch.



Some people come with cameras.

In this case, point-and-shoot models.



Some people come with more expensive cameras.


And some people spend a whole lot of money on their equipment.




I suspect that regardless of the amount of money spent, each person enjoyed the day equally.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice, glad you have shard your Blog with me:):)

    Now I can view it everyday for inspiration through your Photography:):)

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the stories to go along with the photographs. You're inspiring me. I'm getting more eager to try blogging. I can't do the photography, but I do enjoy writing. Thanks, Greg.

    ReplyDelete