Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wednesday, 9/29/10 - The Sky Is Falling

Again, I have a story for tonight but I am going to save it and present only an explanation and some pictures.

I am on the road for work, had just finished dinner at a restaurant and noticed that the sunset was looking promising. I decided to head to a nearby lake to photograph the sunset and its reflections.

I started driving out of the parking lot and saw one of the most vivid rainbows I have ever seen. I scrambled for the camera but the light changed and I had no choice but to head out with the line of traffic that I was in.

The skyline was cut by power lines so I searched for the nearest open parking lot in the hopes of snapping a few shots before the rainbow faded.

The whole process took under three minutes but in that time the rainbow had lost most of its punch but the sunset was really beginning to kick in.

Because these things change so quickly, I couldn't chance the ten minute drive to the lake so I stayed in the parking lot and shot the sunset from there.

Here's what I got...

Oh, by the way, not one pixel in any of these images was altered. Everything you see is exactly how the camera captured it.


























2 comments:

  1. What can I say? What a capture! These are "divinely" good, literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking pictures... Nature at its peak glow captured so wonderfully well. Thanks for sharing a slice of the beauty.
    -Lavanya.

    ReplyDelete