Thursday, September 23, 2010

Friday, 9/24/10 - A Table For None



What would you like for dinner?

I don't care. Anything.

Why don't you choose?

I always choose.

No you don't.

Yes, I do. You always ask what I want for dinner, then you say that I never choose, then you say that I am the picky one.

You are.

No, I am not.

Yes, you are a lot pickier than me.

I.

What?

I am.

That's what I said.

No, you said "pickier than me" and it should be "pickier than I am".

Look, it's seven thirty. I don't want to eat too late. What would you like?

Anything is fine.



How about Chinese?

No, I don't feel like Chinese tonight.

See what I mean? OK, you choose.

No, no, if you want Chinese then let's do Chinese.

But you don't want Chinese.

Chinese is fine. Do you want to eat out or bring it home?

I don't care.

If we eat in then I don't have to get dressed.

You have to get dressed to go pick it up.

Well, if I have to get dressed then we might as well eat it there.

But then I'll have to get dressed, too.

OK, why don't I go and eat there and I'll bring yours back when I am done.

Very funny. No, I don't think I want to go out.

Do they deliver?

No.

I guess I can get dressed and go get it.

No, that's alright. Let's just make something here.

OK, what do we have?

Hmmm. Nothing really. How about some cereal?

OK, cereal is fine. I'll get the bowls.

Uh-oh.

Don't tell me, there's no milk, right?

1 comment:

  1. Sad but believable dialogue. I buy milk by the gallons and freeze it. Pass that along to "your friend." (smile)

    ReplyDelete