Friday, October 15, 2010

Saturday, 10/16/10 - A View From The Bridge (part 1)

WARNING: This four part story is dark - very dark. As you read, just keep telling yourself that it is only a story.




A View From The Bridge

Part 1: The View


The day rises to kiss me
As black, as cold, as bitter
As last night's coffee.

Water, lifeless yet turbid awaits.
A flowing chiaroscuro of denigration
Inked with hate and smudged by reason.

Rise up, rise up they say,
And I shall, rise up,
Above these dark and muddy waters.

But first I must fall,
Slip below the viscous slime,
And give back to the depths,
That which they hold so dear.

Once purged of my filth,
And my final breath,
I will rise up...

And float,
Free of the life,
That drags me down.

1 comment:

  1. This writing sounds very suicidal. I had to look up "turbid." Had never heard that word. Your word choice abilities are wonderfully extensive.

    ReplyDelete